Postdoctoral Investigator (m/f/d) In the area of Submesoscale Dynamics and Ocean Color
One scientific focus of the Institute is the investigation of submesoscale dynamics. In view of phytoplankton biomass dynamics, the remote sensing group at HZG uses spectral data obtained from satellites, aircrafts, a zeppelin, and drones as well as from in situ water sampling. One aim is to gain reliable ocean color information from the diverse platforms in optically complex waters and link these observations to the dynamics of submesoscale structures and their interaction with phytoplankton.
We invite applications for a postdoctoral investigator position (m/f/d) in the research group Remote Sensing at the Institute of Coastal Research with preferred starting date on March 1, 2019. The position is limited to three years. The place of employment is Geesthacht, Germany.
The tasks of the successful candidate will include:
- utilization and interpretation of airborne thermal and ocean colour data of very high spatial and temporal resolution
- investigation of the influence of submesoscale structures on phytoplankton distribution, productivity, and physiology
- analyse short and long term drivers of phytoplankton growth and blooms
- planning of and participation in international research expeditions, e.g. on board research vessels or airplanes
- scientific publication and presentations
- working in a multidisciplinary team within the institute and with external academic partners
==> Closing date for applications is January 31, 2019
==> Further details for this job offer code-no. 2018/KO8